If you have any questions in relation to this policy we would advise you to contact our customer service team or you can contact AR Harley (2008) Ltd directly at the following address:
AR Harley & Sons
1-7 Gorton Street
1. What information does AR Harley (2008) Ltd collect from you?
AR Harley (2008) Ltd collects two types of information about its visitors. Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information. The aim of collecting this information is to help us to provide a smooth and efficient service whilst you use our site.
Personally Identifiable Information:
This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. Personally identifiable information will be requested when you place an order. For example: your name, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, e-mail address, motorcycles you own, credit card or other payment information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We collect certain information about where you shop on our website in a number of different ways. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is collected and analysed to help us to make improvements to our website so visitors have a better experience when browsing the website. For example, this information may include the website's Uniform Resource Locator (URL) that you land on when you first arrive on our website, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, what type of device you are using to browse the website, the amount of URL's you visit whilst browsing our website and the amount of time you spend browsing our website. A URL is the address of a World Wide Web page.
2. How do we use your personal information?
In collecting personal information, we aim to provide visitors to our website with a first-rate online experience. We use customer contact information to process orders, to update customers on the status of their orders and to inform them of promotional information and offers.
3. How do we gather information?
When you place an order with us, we will collect personally identifiable information from you. We will collect and retain the following. Your name or business name, contact telephone number, email address, billing address, shipping address, product selections, order number and payment method. This information is used so we are able to fulfil your order, to communicate with you about your order and inform you of promotional news and offers. Before you finish confirming an order you will be able to review your order and make changes and additions to any information if necessary. This information will be kept on record for future use.
Newsletters and Promotional emails
Occasionally, we will send out free newsletters and promotional emails as a service to our customers. Customers can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
If you contact AR Harley (2008) Ltd via telephone, email or letter, we may hold a record of our correspondence or comments. If you contact us via our website using our contact us page we may ask for your name, email address, telephone number, order number and order information to aid us in being able to send a reply.
- Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Cookies may be either 'persistent' cookies or 'session' cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- We use both persistent and session cookies on our website.
- The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below.
- We use Analytics cookies (_ga, _gat, _gid) to track users as they navigate the website.
- We use (HCGeoLocate) to record a user's geographic location so that we can serve the correct website for ordering.
- We use (cookieconsent_status) to record a user's consent to our using cookies.
- We use (PHPSESSID) to enable our ordering through the website.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website.
- Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
- The analytics cookies used by our website have the following names:_ga, _gid, _gat.
- _ga is used to distinguish users and has an expiration of 2 years.
- _gid is used to distinguish users and has an expiration of 24 hours.
- _gat is used to throttle requests and has an expiration of 10 minutes.
- The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
Cookie consent cookie
- We use a cookie to record your consent to our using cookies.
- The consent cookie has the following name: cookieconsent_status and has an expiration of 1 year.
- We use a session cookie to enable our ordering through the website.
- The session cookie has the following name: PHPSESSID and expires when you close your browser.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Search for a term such as 'Manage Cookies' plus the name of your browser. For example 'Manage Cookies Chrome' or 'Manage Cookies Edge' or 'Manage Cookies Firefox'.
- Blocking our cookies will not impact on the usability of this website.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer. Search for a term such as 'Delete Cookies' plus the name of your browser. For example 'Clear Cookies Chrome' or 'Clear Cookies Edge' or 'Clear Cookies Firefox'.
- Deleting our cookies will not impact on the usability of this website.
4. How can you update or correct your personal identifiable information?
It is important to us that you are able to update or correct any personally identifiable information that you have provided us with. When placing online orders you will be able to review any information you are about submit and therefore be able to change or delete any information before confirming your order. If you need to alter any information after you have submitted an order we would encourage you to contact us as soon as possible by either using one of our online contact forms which can be found on the website or you can call us so we can alter any information over the phone. You may ask to have your information deleted or removed, however as we keep a record of past purchases, we cannot remove information related to past purchases. We also back up information on our systems so you should not expect that all of your personally identifiable information will be completely removed from back ups of our customer database.
5. What choices do you have regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information?
From time to time you may receive emails from us regarding news, promotions and specials. You may unsubscribe from our newsletters simply by following the unsubscribe instructions in any emails that you receive from us. You can also opt out by emailing us at email@example.com or you can call us. Afterwards we will ensure that you receive no further promotional emails unless you sign up to our newsletter again through our website.
6. What measures are taken to protect your personal identifiable information against loss, misuse, or alteration?
Data security is of great importance to AR Harley (2008) Ltd. All of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorised access by physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via our website.